Effective Date: November 30, 2020
Last Updated: November 30, 2020
About Our Products & Services
Spectra Analysis Instruments, Inc. (“Spectra Analysis”) is a leading supplier of molecular spectroscopy systems and applications for chromatography. Our current products focus on real-time connection of infrared spectroscopy to gas and liquid chromatography. Spectra Analysis’ Instrument’s Fourier Transform Infrared (FT-IR) systems are fully automated to Gas and Liquid Chromatography for analysis of complex mixtures providing high fidelity solid phase spectra for a broad range of applications.
What Is “Personal Data”?
“Personal Data” includes any information that might be used to identify you. We collect Personal Data about you when you seek to use our services, our products, or any of our platforms or forums such as our website. Personal Data includes: (1) Data provided by you; (2) Data that is publicly available; and (3) Data that we collect from third parties.
- Data provided by you. We collect Personal Data that you provide, including, but not limited to: When you purchase one of our products or services; when you contribute information through our website; when you fill-out a job application; when you speak to a Spectra Analysis representative over the phone, when you submit your own content (i.e., videos or photographs) at forums or other functions.
- Data that is publicly available. We use technology to collect publicly available data, including, but not limited to:
- Logging. Like most websites, our website might gather information, and store electronically. This information includes IP addresses, approximate locations, browser types, operating systems, internet service providers, the pages visited, operating systems, clickstream data, and time or date of visit.
- Data We Collect from Third-Parties. We collect information about individuals from a number of third-parties, including, but not limited to: business partners and sources open to the public.
How We Use Personal Data
Spectra Analysis uses the Personal Data that we collect to provide you the products and services that you request, offer you products and services similar to those in which you might have been interested in the past, manage your account, process or evaluate job applications, communicate with you, develop new products or services, improve our products or services, or understand our customers. Spectra Analysis shares Personal Data in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We share Personal Data with third-party service providers who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, shipping, processing employment applications, coordinating events, facilitating seminars, collecting survey responses, conducting marketing, analytics, or verification.
- Legal Process, Safety, and Terms of Enforcement. We might disclose Personal Data to governmental regulatory authority in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations. We might also disclose Personal Data to third parties in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation, when otherwise required by law, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of you or us, to protect against fraud or credit risk, or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you might have.
- Business Transfers. We might disclose Personal Data as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, and might transfer Personal Data to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. It might also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
Security of Personal Data
We have setup physical, electronic, and managerial procedures intended to protect Personal Data. However, Spectra Analysis cannot guarantee that interactions with the services will not be unlawfully intercepted, or that your personal data will not be unlawfully accessed by third parties. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so that we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically, instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their use profile. (See also the subsection titled Cookies & Analytics.)
Your Rights Over Your Data
If you have an account on this stie, or have left comments, then you may request to receive an exported file of the Personal Data that we hold about you. You may also request that we erase any Personal Data that we hold about you. This does not include any Personal Data that we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. All users can see, edit, or delete their Personal Data at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Minors (People Under the Age of 18)
Spectra Analysis’ does not intend to collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If anyone under the age of 18 has provided Personal Data to us, we encourage the minor’s parent or legal guardian to contact us so that we may promptly delete any such information.
How to Update Your Information & Data Retention
Office Address: Spectra Analysis Instruments, Inc.
257 Simarano Drive, Marlborough, MA 01752